- WHAT DOES A BUYER REALTOR COST AND WHO PAYS?
Buyer realtors are paid by the seller, usually 2.5% of the purchase price is standard. There's no cost what so ever to work with a buyer realtor. This is one of the many benifits. It's a pretty sweet deal, you get to work with a true professional for free to help you navigate they home buying process.
- DO I HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT?
You don't have to sign a contact. If you are serious about buying a home than you want to secure a realtor you can trust to dedicate their time to finding you a home. Helping buyers look for properties is very time consuming, agents will only focus on clients that have signed a buyer representation agreement. By signing this agreement it shows the agent that your a serious buyer.
- WHEN DO I NEED TO GET A MORTGAGE PRE-APPROVAL?
A mortgage pre-approval should be the first step in the home buying process. Either speak to the bank/lender that you are currently with or ask an agent for a mortgage broker referral. Having a mortgage pre-approval allows everyone to be on the same page. All parties will understand the purchasing power and create statgies to stream line the home purchase process.
- WHAT ARE CLOSING COSTS?
Closing costs are the final payment that's due to the lawyer on the day stipulated on the offer. Closing costs are abour 2-4% of the purchase price. I'll break down each cost in the next question.
- DO YOU HAVE A RECENT EXAMPLE OF THE CLOSING COSTS FROM THE LAWYER?
- HOW MUCH ARE LAWYER FEES?
Lawyer fees vary from $1000-1400 for a home purchase. Their fees do not include fees to register the title or mortgage on the property. They don't include title insurance, that's an added cost which I'll cover. They don't include a title search fee. They don't include disbursements such as postage, photocopies, faxes, couriers etc.
- HOW DO I SEE PROPERTIES?
- DO I NEED A HOME INSPECTION?
- WHEN IS THE DEPOSIT DUE AND FOR HOW MUCH?
- HOW DO I SUBMIT AN OFFER?
- WHAT ARE THE STANDARD CONDITIONS IN AN OFFER?
- ARE THERE ANY OTHER COSTS ASIDE FROM THE LAWYER FEES?
- HOW LONG DO THE CONDITIONS LAST IN AN OFFER?
- WHAT IS TITLE INSURANCE?
- WHAT IS MORTGAGE INSURANCE?
- WHAT IS THE MINIMUM DOWN PAYMENT?
- WHAT IS MORTGAGE DEFAULT INSURANCE?
- WHAT ARE CHATTELS AND FIXTURES IN AN OFFER?
- DO I NEED A HOME APPRAISAL?
- WHO PAYS FOR THE APPRAISAL?
- WHAT IS HOME INSURANCE?
- WHO DO I HAVE TO MAY THE DRAFT PAYABLE TO WHEN AN OFFER GETS ACCEPTED?
- WHAT HAPPENEDS IF AN OFFER FALL THROUGH IN THE CONDITION PERIOD?
- CAN I FIRE MY REALTOR?
- HOW DO I KNOW I'M RECEIVING A GOOD DEAL ON MY HOME PURCHASE?
- WHAT IS A CONDO STATUS CERTIFICATE?
- WHEN DO I PICK UP MY KEYS FROM THE LAWYER?
- CAN I WORK WITH MULTILPLE REALTOS?
- HOW DO I GET ACCESS TO REAL TIME LISTINGS AS THEY ARE UPLOADED TO THE MLS?
- CAN I SUBMIT OFFERS ON MORE THAN ONE PROEPRTY AT THE SAME TIME?
- DO I HAVE TO PAY HST ON ANYTHING?
- SHOULD I STAY AWAY FROM MULITPLE OFFER SITUATIONS?
- DO WE HAVE TO MEET IN PERSON TO SIGN ALL THE DOCUMENTS?
- WHEN SHOULD I SCHEDULE MY MOVERS?